Friday, April 20, 2012

Remembering to enjoy the simple things



Lately it feels like I'm being pulled in 200 directions.  I can only blame myself.....I always put a lot on my plate.....I pile it high like I'm at an all-you-can eat restaurant, but I only want to make one trip.  Sometimes I have to remind myself to take a "time out" to stop and just be still for a moment.  Go outside and get some fresh air.  Lay on the grass and look up at the sky.  My teddy bear Moon here is taking time to gently pet a pretty deer.  A simple pleasure.  I decided this morning to make a list of simple pleasures that feel more and more like luxurious indulgences nowadays:

  • Basking in the sun
  • Cuddling with my puppy
  • Stretching
  • Reading a book (just for fun)
  • Taking a nature walk
  • Chatting with the neighborhood kids
  • Hand-writing a letter (with a pen & paper)
  • Going to a farmer's market
  • Reminiscing
  • Taking a drive to look at the fancy homes in the hills
  • Slowly sipping a cup of tea
  • Looking through my photo albums (actual albums, not computer files)
  • Drawing
  • People-watching
  • Going to an empty spot on the beach just to listen to the waves
  • Sorting things (like beads)
  • Watching cartoons
  • Painting my nails
  • Making shadow puppets
  • Dancing

What would be on your list?  Feel free to leave a comment.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment